Welcome to Magoga
Talking about Magoga is talking about savoring seasonal products cooked with a gastronomic soul. In Magoga, the clients will find a special mixed of traditional elaboration techniques combined with haute cuisine, accompanied by an elegant and detailed service. The Mediterranean, the stones of the Roman amphitheater or the mountains are the inspiration for our tasting menu and seasonal dishes.
The dream of María Gómez and Adrián de Marcos is materialized in a memorable gastronomic experience, where every detail is carefully taken care of. The techniques learned in the best kitchens of Spain, by the hand of Arzak, Adriá or Arbelaitz, are implanted with the personal seal of their management.
Only 3 years after its opening, Magoga has become one of the best restaurants in the Region of Murcia, appearing as a recommendation in many prestigious international gastronomic and tourist guides, such as the Michelin Guide and the Repsol Guide.
Visiting Magoga is to have a unique gastronomic and sensorial experience. Its cuisine and careful personalized service for each client seek to bring a worthy memory of one of the best restaurants in the world. Traditional elaborations along with best local and world-wide seasonal raw materials aim for harmonious combinations. The techniques of haute cuisine are deployed to create a visual experience and provide distinctive textures and flavors. From the moment the customers arrives, inmerse themselves in the Magoga experience.
With 50 seats divided into several spaces, Magoga was designed to create intimate corners for couples or groups. Moreover, there is a private dining room with a capacity of maximum 20 places, specially designed for meetings or reunions. Besides, the clients can complete their experience in our outdoor terrace with capacity for 20 diners and a Mediterranean atmosphere in which to enjoy the best flavors with your favorite wine.
From the raw material to the best service
She is the soul of Magoga. She was born in Fuente Álamo (a village of Cartagena, Spain), growing up with a definite dream: to be the chef of her own restaurant. To fulfill this desire, she studied hard at The AIALA School of Arguiñano and in the most prestigious gastronomic university of the world: Basque Culinary Center in San Sebastián. After that, she worked with great chefs like Ferrán Adriá or Juan Mari Arzak. Years later, with all the experience obtained in the best kitchens of Spain, she decided to embark her own way. This is how she opened Magoga alongside Adrian de Marcos.
Adrián De Marcos
He is the heart of Magoga. Born in Madrid, he fell in love with the kitchen. With that love, he trained hard to be a Gastronomy Technician at The AIALA School in Karlos Arguiñano in Zarautz (Basque Country). De Marcos then began his professional career, which led him to work in the best restaurants of the capital and Northern Spain. After this period, he decided to fulfill his dream, owning a restaurant. By joining personal forces and professional illusions with María Gómez, both formed the project Magoga, where he is the Head Waiter and Sommelier.
The staffs play an essential role of Magoga. There are 15 professionals distributed between kitchen and dining room. With great care, they contribute in daily processes of selection of raw material, elaborations and table service. In the kitchen, we prepare each dish with the aim of seeking excellence and carefully pay attention to even the smallest details. The Magoga experience, however, cannot be complete without the harmonious service, which is worthy of large prestigious rooms. Our staffs meet every guest’s needs in order to make each visit become a unique experience.
Fill out this form to start your Magoga experience
A city open to the Mediterranean
Magoga in the media
- Magoga Gourmetour – Club de Gourmets – April 2018
- Fuera de serie con Magoga – Expansión – March 2018
- María Gómez de Magoga – La Misquina – March 2018
- Au revoir, Monsieur Bocuse – Revista Gastrónomo – March 2018
- La huerta murciana en Magoga – Revista Hola – February 2018
- Magoga: Apuestas de altura – Revista GQ – January 2018
- Magoga, cocina mediterránea siglo XXI con Cartagena como inspiración – El economista – January 2018
- Magoga: Vanguardia Murciana – Vanity Fair – January 2018
- Tapeo huertano y maravillas dulces -Club + Renfe – January 2018
- Magoga, reinvención y vanguardia de la cocina de Cartagena – Vanitatis – January 2018
- Magoga: Esencia de Murcia – Revista DT – December 2017
- Magoga: Puro Levante – Harper´s Bazaar España – December 2017
- Lo mejor de la gastronomía – December 2017
- Un cantón gastronómico – El Mundo – November 2017
- De lo mejor de Cartagena – Tiempo – November 2017
- Levante exquisito: tres restaurantes en el Mediterráneo que aspiran a tener una estrella Michelin – Cocinatis – November 2017
- Un equipo de élite – 50 imprescindibles – November de 2017
- Premios Hostecar – La Opinión de Murcia – October 2017
- Restaurante Magoga en Fruit Attraction – October 2017
- Los mejores restaurantes de Murcia y Cartagena, según TripAdvisor – La Verdad – September 2017
- Tapas – Guía para comerse y beberse España 2017/2018 – September 2017
- María Gómez – Salazones del Mar con Alma de montaña – September 2017
- El turismo gastronómico, en auge(La verdad)- August 2017
- Manual de uso y disfrute de Cartagena – Revista Traveler – August 2017
- Cocinando en directo – Murcia Conecta (7 Región de Murcia) – May 2017
- Nueva cocina murciana – El Almirez (La verdad) – April 2017
- La nueva cocina murciana – La Verdad – April 2017
- Arroces murcianos como nunca se han visto – La Verdad – November 2016
- Magoga, cuando el sabor enamora – La opinión de Murcia – July 2016
- Magoga y La Diligente: un gran maridaje – El Almirez (La Verdad) – July 2016
- El restaurante Magoga sitúa Cartagena en el mapa como capital de turismo gastronómico – Revista Gastrónomo (nº 30, pag. 32) – July 2016
Do you have something to tell us?
Plaza Dr. Vicente García Marcos, 5. 30201
Cartagena – Murcia (España)
tlf. (+34) 968 509 678 // (+34) 629 980 257